There's just something really special about Daniel. Something Good and Peaceful and Old. I feel so honored to be his Mother.
A good example of this is from tonight when I was putting him to bed.
- He was very tired, eyes where red, and legs were clumsy, but he other than the time and these physical signs, you'd never know. He was still just as happy, lovable, and social. Did not even flinch when James bonked heads with him then rolled on top of with full body weight and then smashed his arm in the dismount. Just smiled and loved the action.
- While rocking and singing to him, he just looked at me. He has the most peaceful and calm gazes I've ever seen. There is no inner noise in Daniel. He is what he is and so is the rest of the world. He takes it all in as it is. Mike has a gift for seeing things as they really are and I think Daniel does too. No emotion and noise to get in the way.
- After a while I couldn't help but smile... well, he that in stride! He has this sense of humor. This hilarious sense of humor that I just cannot even control myself from laughing and smiling at. It's just this instant reaction. Everything he does is just funny to me and to him. Some of the hardest laughing I've seen from him have been by his own creation. He cracks himself up and he takes delight in the wonderful things he can do and discover.
- Eventually, we both calmed down from laughing and instantly he was asleep in the most peaceful, comfortable, relaxed states. He is such a peaceful, comfortable, happy, stinky, and hilarious boy and I just love every day I have with him and cannot even imagine what he'll turn into as he grows. What a delightful creation!
- James is a pleaser. Wanting to make people happy and to do what's right. A little more serious and focused. I can imagine-- as I'm already receiving from his nursery leaders-- only positive reports on James. He is his leaders' favorite and easiest. He is mellow and he goes with the flow. I am continually reminded of the scripture about "kicking against the pricks" because he (and Mike) do not. And for that, life is good to and for them. James is patient, calm, kind, and fun loving. He has a great personality and an absolutely Delightful personality! With exception to possible boredom and sub-obvious expression of that, James will be a pleasure to have in any class, in any good group of friends, and at anyone's home. A top pick on any teacher list.
- Daniel, on the other hand, is a little ham. He is a clown. He likes to make people laugh and he is goofy enough to be able to make people laugh-- uncontrollably. He is smart and quick (as is James). He is opinionated and very confident. He is and does what he likes and the rest doesn't matter. He probably have more friends that what he wants and I'm sure the girl will dig him. Hopefully he will be respectful and good to others but I can see his little opinions interfering a bit with that. He's tough and more of a fighter. Still mellow, but will choose what he wants. Possible reports could include smart but disruptive... authentically funny and mature sense of humor... goofy and delightful!
No comments:
Post a Comment