Moms dad pleading with god. If you must take me, please, protect her. Watch over her.
Grandmother: this tender, sweet, alert woman who has only known pain all of her life. She is considerate, thinking of others, and is not hardened or bitter.
She lights up when she sees Andrew. She couldn't soak him in enough.
Once a mother, always a mother. She can't let go until she knows that her Frankie is going to be taken care of. I thought it was dad who couldn't let go. Now I think he wants this time to enjoy and take care of her, but when it comes down to it, it's a choice this devoted mother is making for her once lost and wayward and lonely son.
She hasn't been held for decades. It was so fun-- and unexpected-- to fall in love with my sweet little grandmother. I loved taking care of her. HF loves her and told tammy and I both just exactly what she needs these last few months of her life.
Dad and Leny. July 21, 2012. The best thing that could happen to our family.
Dad is healed and whole. It will allow mom to heal. And to move forward. Dynamics of the family are different, but now she won't have expectations and frustrations over my dads involvement in our lives. He is so happy. She will be very sad and it will be hard-- but it's what needed to happen.
Dad: peace and love. Indescribable. I stood there like a dry sponge just soaking it in. Earth seemed like a planet and a world away. Like mars. A vague memory.
Forgiveness. Be the first to apologize. Non-assuming.
Treat my boys like I treated grandmother
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment