3 most important things I want my boys to leave the house with:
- understanding of the Plan of Salvation and an Eternal Perspective
- ability to have the spirit with them, to recognize it, and to learn the Language of the Spirit
- a personal relationship and connection with their Heavenly Father (and to treat it as a 2-sided relationship where they proactively engage with Him through prayer, scripture study, temple worship, obedience to the commandments, and service to others).
I'm in this for eternity and I'll never, ever give up (on self, this child, this parent).
Eternal Perspective
-Choose hope: "in the depth of winter, [we find] within [us] an invincible summer.”
-Hope sustains us through despair. Hope teaches that there is reason to rejoice even when all seems dark around us.
-recognize limitations & let the atonement come in and carry the grief, frustration, hurt.
-Courage.
Sometimes I get impatient with others and how the poor decisions they make directly affect me and/ or their loved ones. While thinking about this today, the thought hit me: "well, do your actions ever affect others? Do they affect Heavenly Father?" It's a humbling thought to think that due to my inadequacies, I directly or indirectly hinder my Fathers work of saving his children. Just like everything, before I get so annoyed with others, maybe I should increase awareness in my own shortcomings.
Let Him help you!
I urge you to let the Savior be your caregiver. Lean on his ample arm. Accept his assurance. Hales
Letter: What a beautiful weekend, Sister & thank you for letting us share it with you. We love you 💖
Tonight as I watched Jake talking to two rm's (Weston and Tyson) the thought hit me: "Jake has so much light. He radiates more than so many 'full term' returned missionaries."
Heavenly Father spent a little extra time on Jake. He has a big heart & his spirit radiates. The real test of a great missionary is not just how they return, but what they become from it.
I hope Jake knows that everything is going to be ok. I hope that he can begin to see how amazing he is. And I hope that he can feel love in all of this.
The fight is very real. But he has a powerful support group and he has more inner strength than most of us can even dream of. I'm excited to see where life takes him.
Onward and upward Jakey-D. Onward and upward 👊🏻
The primary objective is to raise a child such that the community and culture are strengthened. John Rosemond
"invest your energy in how they interact within society. If we insist on being the hovering Helicopter Parent Generation, let’s at least hover over the right areas."
Teaching honesty: is this task more important than the child?
High Love + High Structure
"Nothing tastes better than being skinny feels" vs. 'nothing feels better than being available for the ones you love.' My family needs me to be "here" not preoccupied with crossfit, paleo cookong, and shopping.
How firm a foundation- Weeks
If it's important to you it becomes important to Him. Merely because he loves is. Cornish
"I believe in you."
(13 promises from song)
Add a little cinnamon (script study) to your days
Willing to leave walls of home with a Righteous desire to go out amongst neighbors, etc to share the influence of the gospel. Joseph smith
When I look at my family, I feel like I'm at a gelato bar, just salivating over all of my favorite flavors. I could pick just one and just savor it. I'm so crazy in love with each of my five boys.
James is just perfection. I adore him. He is such a delightful age. He's so much fun to play with, he's fun to joke around with, he's a smart kid, I love playing soccer and basketball with him, he still cuddling and sweet, and he so incredibly thoughtful. This evening he changed derek's sopping wet diaper and Last night I found a lunch sack sitting on the piano. Unsure what I would find when I looked inside, when I did I saw a bag full of blossoms he had picked for me earlier that day.
And then there's Daniel. Bouncy, jovial, happy soul. I adore this kid. He's fine, happy, cheerful, energetic, and incredibly peaceful.
Ah, and then there's my sweet Andrew. I adore this kid. He has been so incredibly affectionate and loving. I could cuddle with him all day long.
And of course, the lovable Derek. We all adore this kid. There's nothing not to love about him. He's currently, he loves us, his sociable, his personable, and he doesn't do stuff to bug us. He's a good sport and he just goes with it. And his laugh. How I love his laugh, his smile, and his loving eyes.
And of course, there is Mike. One of a kind. And absolutely perfect for all of us. His happiness and generosity he rubs off on each of us. He is the a pitta me of fun, lively, and joyful.
I love these boys. And they are all my favorite.
You got a Goldmine when you married Mike."Janie Jones
The lord never ever, ever, ever, ever gives up on us. With him we can endure.
I already had her near the top of my list of great people (bro Spencer talking about his daughter)
Bednar: if you're obedient you'll be blessed. If you're strictly obedient you'll see miracles.
Parent/ child "partnership"
While thinking about my infamous visiting teacher and wanting to gossip about her, I felt the words: "I love her too." It was kind of a humbling slap in the face and I finished the sentences with my own untrue words: "maybe even more than you right now."
I pray that I can spend all of my thoughts, energy, time and talents joyfully taking care of myself, connecting with and enjoying my family, teaching my boys, connecting with friends, creating memories, and serving others.
No comments:
Post a Comment