Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Art Implementation Plan

Implementation Plan for Robin Ball
Alpine School District
This is how I plan to use what I have learned:

Storytelling
Carmen Deedy shared a story about her dad learning to finally read as a teenager, who up until then felt that: “I did not believe the written word belonged to me.” 
To a degree, I feel this way about storytelling. 
  1. 1) Collect words in the notes app on my phone. Words that I like, that fit me, or that I want to start using. 
  2. 2) Check out books from the 398.2 section of the library, and memorize the skeleton of 3 of my favorites.
  3. 3) Practice a “neutral stance” and keeping one foot in “the box.” This means both not pacing and drawing attention to story not self.

Music
Music is another area I have always wanted but never felt truly “belonged” to me. Hamblin said: “Our kids need to feel. Invite them in” by exposing them to a variety of music, especially classical. 
  1. 1) Chair Dance: we don’t always have much room, but the options are endless with a variety of rhythm, repetition, body percussion, and hand jive.
  2. 2) Download the “Click Song” and use body percussion, Lummi sticks, rocks, or line dance as simple choreography
  3. 3) Hand Jive Add on: group of 2-3, each person adds on 8 counts. An activity to practice in the car as well. 

Theatre
In addition to Reader’s Theatre, skits book, manner of the adverb, and choral reading.
  1. 1) Stage Write: write a conversation between 2 inanimate objects. Crumple paper, throw in center of circle, everyone picks out new paper, get with a partner, read together. Culmination: volunteers to read to group.
  2. 2) Add on story: 6-9 stickies on floor. One student comes up at a time and adds a simple, 1-2 sentence line. Only rule: cannot get up and stand on consecutive sticky.
  3. 3) Read-aloud: pause, as a group, pair, or individual act out an action, a word, scene, conversation, feeling or event.

Brain Dance
These are short, non-verbal activities that can be done with a large group and in a small space. “The long cut is the short cut.” –Enrique Feldman
  1. 1) Brain games: left arm draws square, right arm draws triangle; gun/thumb up
  2. 2) Deep, counted breath; high energy with low heart rate
  3. 3) Read a short story or passage with 2 different types of background music & compare feeling and meaning of words. 

Community Council

1) Volunteer as school art representative

No comments:

Post a Comment