My Testimony
James Ball
Today we watched a video called “Blessed and happy are those who keep the commandments of God” by Elder Keetch. It’s about a group of friends who want to want to surf big waves but can’t because of a barrier that is breaking them before they reach shore. After some time, an older surfer who was tired of them arguing about the barrier said “take these binoculars and look right after the barrier.” Every surfer looked past the barrier and what they saw were sharks. If there was no barrier than the sharks would be free to roam closer to the shore and people would get eaten.
The barrier’s purpose is to keep us safe from any harmful thing past it. The commandments are pretty much the same thing. They keep us safe from Satan’s harm.
I’m going to explain why I’m going to stay within the barriers of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The first reason is that I’d like a better quality of life which includes health, comfort, and happiness. My Dad is a great example to me by explaining the harms of life to me. He lives a happy and blessed life. He is strong and healthy, he has a good work, enough money, and a good house. He takes care of us. He loves us, plays games with us, and takes us on trips. He loves everyone and he has time to spend with family.
The second reason I choose to stay in the barrier is that people like you and you’re more likeable. You’re actually happy. Presdon Fackrell is a young Matt. He is always smiling whenever I see him. He has challenges but he works through them with a good attitude. Yesterday when I visited with him at his pool he was happy, helpful, and kind. When I asked him about the Deacons Quorum he said “It’s a lot of fun, you get to feel the spirit, you get to grow in Faith in God with your friends, and that it’s cool to do the Lord’s work.”
The third reason is that I can better server Heavenly Father and His children. Take Matthew Trainor for an example. He’s always happy to do stuff that he does not want to do, he loves to help his cousins, and he is a good example to his cousins. He’s creative and always exploring new things. Like a taxidermy fish. Right now he’s on a mission and he’s always being happy even when he’s not having that good of a time. That’s what I want to be like on my mission.
I know that so much of the world today is influenced by Satan’s work. So many people smoke, drink, do drugs, don’t listen to parents, are mean, tease others, think it’s good to talk about not good stuff, and always have a negative attitude. And they aren’t happy.
In the video, the old surfer said “Don’t be too critical of the barrier. It’s the only thing that’s keeping you from being devoured.” I know that this is true. I know Heavenly Father lives and loves me and wants me to keep safe from all the harm in the world. He has given me choices and options to stay within the barrier. I know that
Daniel Ball
Today we watched a video called “Blessed and happy are those who keep the commandments of God” by Elder Keetch. It’s about a group of friends who want to surf big waves but can’t because of a barrier that is breaking them before they reach shore. After some time, an older surfer came to them and said “take these binoculars and look beyond the barrier.” Every surfer looked past the barrier and saw shark fins right behind it. If there was no barrier than they’d be eaten alive.
I am writing about my testimony and how it’s important to stay within the barriers of the church. And when you leave the barriers you are eaten up by the evils of Satan. The barriers are like commandments and following them brings safety and happiness.
One reason why I’m choosing to stay in the barriers is because I can stay with my family and be with them forever. I can be happy and have good friends. I have a really great friend named James Galloway. We play a lot and we go to church together. He’s a good friend because he’s usually nice to people, is easy to get along with, and we choose the right when we’re together. It’s good to have good friends who help you choose the right.
A second reason is that I want to feel peace inside. My Mom is an example of being peaceful. We’re both pretty calm and not super active. We like to cuddle and stay home. I know when I make good choices I can feel peace inside.
A third reason I’ll stay in the barrier is so I can better serve Heavenly Father and His children. Bishop Brown is a good example of serving because he’s our bishop and he give a lot of time.
Staying within the barriers of God's laws and commandments will bless my life with happiness and peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment