Sunday, May 31, 2020

May

You are laying the foundation for the next generation 

Gotcha!

Daniel: talks to everyone like they are an equal human being. Has sweet conversations with Derek. 

James: And Andrew pushing the lawnmower side by side. 


When addressing someone who’s wanting to oppose you.  when someone questions and accuses your faith. 

Mosiah 11-17

  1. Answer boldly
  2. With stand questions
  3. Confound them and all their words
  4. does not recall or back down words (17:9)
  5. ask inspired questions
  6. Testify of Christ


Bed rock is strong and it comes overtime. 

“I may not know much, but this one thing I know.”

The things I know, I know. That is my belief. And I do not have to back down on that.  and others get to hold on to their beliefs. 

 develop the skill of asking good questions. 

14-16 redeem: deliver, rescue by any means. 

To purchase back, to purchase that which has been sold. 


Ignores gods warning about land of nephi. 

Sees some good in them. 

Team up. Treaty. 

 despite warnings, he’s still obsessed with the land

slow decline. 

zeniff never experiences impact of his choices.  both groups have the same history, but one group sees how everything was unfair and they were wrong, and the other group sees all the good and mercies.  what are the stories we tell ourselves about our past. 

That was a dumb choice, but I’m not going to abandon you. God

 Who are my 16 people? The ones I’m grateful I get to do life with.  going into it, didn’t realize they are doing a rescue mission. 

 what is one good thing from coronavirus quarantine?

Put your heart into his hands. 


  • I have satiated the weary soul. Jer. 31:25

True conversion is a miracle that, in one way or another, needs to happen in all of us.

  1. What “great things” has the Lord done for us that we should “remember?” Share experiences of deliverance.
  2. One of you had to forgive someone? Tell a story of forgiveness. 
  3. Tell of a time when God has sent an angel into your life. 
  4. John: share experience with journaling. What have you decided to put in and keep out? How would journaling along the way have helped you? Journaling advice for us. 

The outcome wasn’t immediate, but God‘s goodness was. He’s in our story before it ends.  Count, remember, catalog, document how good God is. His tender mercies.  


Show up in your life every day. Be a magnet for things that are good, lights, joyful. Make a commitment to make someone’s day every day.


It’s not who holds your records (church), but who holds your heart. -David butler 

  • I need to show up for people more than I do for food. 

While thinking of a family whose dad has been Bishop, but their son is in active, the thought came to my mind “would you rather your husband be Bishop or your child stay firm in the faith?”

No comments:

Post a Comment