Thursday, December 31, 2020

December

Fast: that we can close on our house this week. 

Then we can have peace, love, and harmony in our home. That the boys can defuse rather than escalate differences amongst my brothers. 

That we can think about others more than ourselves. And that the spirit can be in our home and the love of God can be in our hearts. 


*This move is especially hard right now because of the interconnected dry sponge affect from social distancing. I am forgetting that for years I wanted to live in a quieter and more secluded area. Right now I’m in love with my neighborhood because they’re fulfilling so many needs that I have from not being able to be as social as I’d like. I think we’re going to really enjoy being a little bit more nestled in nature. 


How lucky we are that our family is the one HF chose to place in this house and in This situation (renters in the basement). 


Instead of asking “Lord is it I?” Ask “Lord, is this this?” Maxwell 2002

“It is in our weakness and extremity that God's power is fully felt. Only when, of ourselves, we are helpless is His help truly appreciated.” -Maxwell 

Do I want the consequence of that desire?


“In pondering and pursuing consecration, understandably we tremble inwardly at what may be required. Yet the Lord has said consolingly, “My grace is sufficient for you.” Do we really believe Him? He has also promised to make weak things strong. Are we really willing to submit to that process? Yet if we desire fulness, we cannot hold back part!

Having our wills increasingly swallowed up by the will of the Father actually means an enhanced individuality, stretched and more capable of receiving “all that [God] hath”...

Frankly, it is our prospective selves we betray by holding back whatever the “part.” No need therefore to ask, “Lord, is it I?” Rather, let us inquire about our individual stumbling blocks, “Lord, is it this?” We may have known the answer for a long time and may need resolve more than His response.

The greatest happiness in God’s generous plan is finally reserved for those who are willing to stretch and to pay the costs of journeying to His regal realm.” -Maxwell Apr ‘02


“God delights in blessing us, especially when we realize “joy in that which [we] have desired.”

However, in contrast to God’s merciful plan for our joy and glory, Satan “[desires] that all men might be miserable like unto himself.”

Mostly, brothers and sisters, we become the victims of our own wrong desires.


Favorite Gotchas!

“You’ll make it a happy home.” Eileen

“Thank you so much Robin!!! We definitely already miss you and your family!! Such an example of Christ like love- looking out for others.” -Erin Goff

“They (Bucad family) have some big shoes to fill!!” -Bob Spencer


Remembrance: my The more we remember him, the more we find him. 

Patience: Commending self to the Lord is surrendering, letting go of everything we can’t control. 

Faith:


*early intervention involves more than speech, occupational therapy, reading, and math. It also involves spiritual maturity and fortitude of character. 


“Ours is the responsibility to help fulfill the Abrahamic covenant. Ours is the seed foreordained and prepared to bless all people of the world. That is why priesthood duty includes missionary work. After some four thousand years of anticipation and preparation, this is the appointed day when the gospel is to be taken to the kindreds of the earth. This is the time of the promised gathering of Israel. And we get to participate! Isn’t that exciting? The Lord is counting on those who worthily serve as missionaries in this great time of the gathering of Israel.” -Nelson’17


Gotcha! 

A- “Ahhhh Koda! Two hours would not fun in a truck. Come. Want to play fetch?” Andrew has the gift of Empathy. 


“I am like a huge, rough stone … and the only polishing I get is when some corner gets rubbed off by coming in contact with something else, striking with accelerated force. … Thus I will become a smooth and polished shaft in the quiver of the Almighty” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, sel. Joseph Fielding Smith [1976], 304).”


It may be too late to fix some communities, but not to help those individuals and families willing to fix themselves. It is not too late, either, for some to become pioneer disciples in their families and locations, or for individuals to become local peacemakers in a world from which peace has been taken (see D&C 1:35). If still others experience a shortage of exemplars, they can become such. Maxwell 


“Granted the world is “in commotion,” but the kingdom is in forward motion as never before! (see D&C 88:91; D&C 45:26). Its distinctiveness is being more sharply defined by adverse trends in the world, where traditional values are not fastened down by the rivets of the Restoration. They are sliding swiftly.” Maxwell 


Much as I lament the resulting and gathering storms, there can be some usefulness in them. Thereby we may become further tamed spiritually. Maxwell 


The valiant among us keep moving forward anyway, because they know the Lord loves them, even when they “do not know the meaning of all things” (1 Ne. 11:17). As you and I observe the valiant cope successfully with severe and relentless trials, we applaud and celebrate their emerging strength and goodness. Yet the rest of us tremble at the tuition required for the shaping of such sterling character, while hoping we would not falter should similar circumstances come to us!


*Beacon hill has become hallowed ground to me and to my family.


“Despite the lack of righteousness in the world today, we live in a sacred, holy time,” Elder Cook, ‘20


Be someone who sees the good in all things. Beard 


“That vision of them [sweeping]becoming responsible and independent is much more rewarding than if I were to do everything myself. I’m not raising children for short-term success—I’m trying to help them be successful in the long run... the infinite mercy and power of Jesus Christ, whose Atonement covers every one of life’s sticky situations. His grace makes up for my shortcomings as a parent, just as His grace makes up for the pains my children suffer because of my shortcomings. In a way that none of us can comprehend, His Atonement can heal all of it... Heavenly Father will continue working in the lives of my children, little by little, to perfectly do what I so imperfectly do. With His help, my children can someday shine in their own right, just as brightly as if Heavenly Father had raised them the first time. Except His plan also manages to change me in the process—sanctifying and molding me to become more like Him.” -Webster, Jan. ‘21


As you trust in God, your blessings, your challenges, and your experiences will be customized and shaped for your eternal well-being. He is preparing to bring you home. -Anderson


While we endure a season of physically distancing ourselves from others, we need never endure a season of spiritually distancing ourselves from Him who lovingly calls to us, “Come unto me.” -Anderson 


We find Christ. Not through our high points but when we are downtrodden. 

If Christ had my opportunities, what would he do?

A mission is the hardest best thing I ever did for my life at that point. Sundwall 

Repent and forgive. 

“Any mission President would from ear to ear to have you walk in the door.”


“Where we make sacred covenants with God—the temple—is temporarily closed. Where we keep covenants with God—the home—is open!” -Jaggi


Broken but brimming with potential

I know that for an individual to have a transformational experience, it takes a village.

No comments:

Post a Comment