Wednesday, March 31, 2021

☘️ March

Fast: that we can all deepen our personal relationships with our HF and Savior. Holy Ghost. 

*“The greenery (on our hike in Maui) can thrive anywhere because it gets enough nutrients.”


“Eve became God’s final creation, the grand summation of all of the marvelous work that had gone before.” -Gordon B Hinckley


“In this way, a woman is a walking talking moving symbol of the Lord Jesus Christ – one who gives life through their own blood. Is it any wonder that Isaiah, that ...” -Hank Smith 


“Precovid, too much of my Confidence, time, importance on the busyness world. The Savior is the only real source of confidence, peace, and happiness.” -Bro Zurcher 


“He can instantly insert scriptures, quotes, and talks into our minds when we need them. Our HF loves to be a part of our lives. -Bro Bitter


Dr. Muhlstein: “all I’ve ever tried to do is follow him, be led by his spirit, and do my best. When things don’t work out I say to myself “well, it might look like a mess to me now, but the Lord got me into it and he will get me out of it.”


Figure out what the Lord wants you to learn each day. Actively seek and find it. 


“For your salvation I give unto you a commandment.” D&C 38:16


Alma 62:41 hardened vs. softened during something long and difficult 


I restored all these things so that I can restore people.

Preventer is not one of our Savior’s many names. -Dave Butler


  • “If you pay tithing and put me first and if you’re generous with me, I’ll be able to be generous with you.” Paint, carpet, wood flooring. 

“The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.”

Brian Tracy


*While sitting in sacrament, with 2 busy boys climbing all over me and 2 a little distracted, I was reminded of the importance of raising our children individually and not in a pack. The pack can be distracting. An unnecessary, external noise. Our boys need more quiet, alone time with themselves and with their Heavenly Father. As parents, we need to help provide that. 


“Happiness consists not of having, but of being; not of possession, but of enjoying. It is the warm glow of a heart at peace with itself.” -William George Jordan


“Seek happiness or even contentment in the acquisition of ... worldly things alone is to lose sight of the higher purpose of life. And that is one reason why there is discouragement and why there is despair generally in the world.” -McKay 


“Wanting less is probably a better blessing than having more. It’s a change in the desires of our heart, and we can thereby be content sooner and more often.” Bishopric 


“For I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: ever where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.” — Philippians 4:11-12


“Each day is a gift. The sooner we recognize this, and live each day full of contentment, the happier we will be–and those around us.

“The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.” -M. Hinckley 


The spiritual gift to believe is truly a gift. -Tueller 

“Embrace repetition as an opportunity to develop your testimony.” Tueller, BYUI


*** how can we apply the 10,000 rule for our children and family? Scripture study, prayer, service. Studies, learning, good books, hosting, gatherings, meeting people around the world. 


Sheaves: people, especially people you meet as you open your mouth and share the gospel. 


“You are the sum of the five people you spend the most time with.”

Who see your 5? How do they influence me! And how do I influence them?


**Mike’s desire/want for a skinny wife is his problem and not mine. I don’t need to resent him for that. That also makes it my internal desire to be healthy and fit. 


Couples Retreats 2021

6- helping James with his grades

5- good with youth

4- not having to think too much before making a decision 

3- thinking through details 

2- personal connection with each boy

1- cheerful


1- more specific praise; focus on the good. 


6 skills in buying and selling our house; negotiating with and working with both Daves. 

5 plans for home improvement projects and involving the boys in them. 

4 spoiling and pampering me on my birthday weekend. 

3 playful and fun dad. Involved in their lives. Tucking them in, wrestling and rough housing, reading to them, cooking together in the kitchen. Scouting, teaching James lacrosse. 

2 in getting help with the scout pack. Delegating the jobs and needs. 

1 leadership, responsibility in your calling, people, youth skills. People like you and look up to you. 

1 yelling at the boys 

No comments:

Post a Comment