Thursday, March 31, 2022

March

Fast: youth in our ward & influence

Whole offering of our soul. 

Don’t take one second before saying your prayers. 

What’s something you’ve really learned by serving?

How has serving made you a better disciple of JC?

What are you doing now to bring joy in your life?

You have one job in this marriage. To make him/her happy. 


When we trust I. The lord with our whole soul, the lord is able to bless us ways we never imagined. Bearss


When you’re helping others you’re helping yourself. 


1-grateful for a talk on contraries & paradoxes and for the Fackrell family who gives us heroes to love and look up to. James and Daniel visited with Jake this evening about first aid and he went above and beyond the call of duty to teach and influence them. 

2- *”I know that Andrew’s challenge and struggle is real and severe, I also know that it’s for such a short amount of time.” -HF

“ I don’t need you to be a mediator or a professional. For the work I have in mind for you, you are more because of the family you came from.”

3- grateful for Marlene Smith who invited me into her home to teach me how to feed and then make sourdough bread and for the nice visit and conversation we can have. For JoAnn Tolman and her grandkids who are outside and able to play and visit. For the Bitters who set up their pickle ball court in the cul-de-sac with him we could play for an hour. That Derek was able to play with a pack of boys over at the Hogge‘s house. 

4- grateful for a husband who picks up my sinus infection medicine from the store, Who takes the boys on camp outs (that’s where they are right now), for the times where I get into flow, like today when I planned our Eastern Europe trip. For friends who speak up when they see a safety concern with our new motorbikes. For podcasts and interviews that give me insights into other perspectives and ways of thinking. For read alouds. 

5- “you have been blessed with a beautiful spirit and a happy soul.” Aaron Sackett’s confirmation. 

6- *We need to teach our children by example what it looks like to show up for siblings. What it looks like to love, care for, support, strengthen, and help each other. 

*Grammy and Grampy changed the trajectory of all of our lives. 

7- *I know it’s a prompting when my first response is “I don’t wanna do that.”

8- *3 min snuggle with each boy each night. Start at 8:30. 

9- 3 broken arms in 6 weeks

10- *share with the boys thoughts, quotes, talks, and podcasts that I listen to during the day. 

11- tonight I listened to Brad Wilcox‘s conference talk “ worthiness is not flawlessness” and Daniel’s bed with him and Andrew. We all loved it so much and it was so good for us. * we need to listen to talks in beds more often. 

12- I kept thinking about sister Vincent who had hip surgery this morning. So I facilitated the children heart attacking her door. 

13- crepes and connections. I love having youth in our home. 

14- pie night with friends and neighbors. Great turnout and good times!

I5- power went out next door and we had a party. “You were born to lead” -Dew

16- *” if you want your boys to have regular personal scripture study, then you need to have yours.” Set a schedule and stick to it. 

17- grateful Mike and I could go do a session at the temple during our lunch date. That we could celebrate at Patrick’s with leprechauns and festive food, and that all of us devoured the festive meal of corned beef and cabbage. 

18- Andrew, Derek, and I enjoyed the butterfly biosphere, holding AMA’s brand new kittens, and doing a puzzle. Andrew stayed home from the campout for speaking to me disrespectfully. 

19-* I’m learning that one way the spirit talks to me is when I get an idea and my first response is: “I don’t want to do that.” Tucking the boys in at night, picking them up from the bus stop, etc. This evening it was to attend aunt Lisa’s “mammas night out.” The boys went on a campout this weekend and I wanted to stay home and watch a movie with them. But I chose to go and was so glad that I did. Both for Lisa and for myself. 

20-there are 10-20 people and new friends in my new ward that I wouldn’t give up this move for. The STP (same ten people) are my peeps. Being a nerd is the funnest way to be. 

21- always happy. Never content. 

22-receiving revelation, knowledge, and intelligence can be very exhausting. I can see why we can only receive so much at a time before reaching a breaking point if fatigue. I was up until 2 AM receiving a slow of revelation, direction, instruction, items, and coaching. Relatively it was a small amount of revelation,but I lost lotta sleep over it. 

23-there are s lot of things that make a great leader. But feeling safe in their care is right at the top for me. Even more than feeling heard. 

24- *a sign of maturity is keeping your mouth closed. I really need to do that. I need to pull a Lucy Doezie and just say completely positive things about my leaders. Move on. Because your energies, attentions, and positive vibes elsewhere. Focus on something have control over. Additionally, stop fixating on leaders. 

Do I try to explain myself and jump into the rumble or do I just move on? With this personality, I move on. 

25-*I hear that if you build a business from scratch, it’s easier to do it again. Mike and I have not have built a business from scratch, but we have built a village. We have built up our scout troop from the bottom and we know how to do it. We have the energy, know how, desire, and drive to do it again. 

26-Our thoughts can be a distraction. Negative thoughts and criticisms are distractions, but so are focusing on problems that I have don’t have control over. (Our dysfunctional Ward)

27-*Invite elderly couples over on Wednesday evenings that we don’t have activities. 

28- **Stop complaining. The Lord asked you to do something hard. Put on your big girl pants and do it. With a smile on your face and a skip in your step. You’re only hurting yourself holding onto pain, resentment towards God, and your life in Highland. Let it go. Let it all go. 

29-**ENJOY where you’re at in life and the BOYS with whom you’re surrounded!

30- “consecrated means developed FOR and devoted TO a holy purpose. Sacrifice means I’ll give my stuff and I’ll give me. Consecration is ‘with God‘s help I will develop myself and I’ll love for the gospel.’ I will not just put myself on the altar, I will live for the gospel and consecrate everything to His purposes.”-Bednar

31- I did praise the Lord all the day long. And I did not murmur. -Nephi 18

**Talk more respectfully to my children. 


“The gospel of Jesus Christ is to comfort the afflicted and to afflict the comfortable”

Harold B. Lee


People are IN their marriage but are not working ON their marriage. Tamara


Don Clarke:

“Happy always, content never.” -mission motto

Ministering not administering. Ministering is a journey not an event. 

The way you get close to heaven is to help his children. 


“Keep Martin Luther King in the background and God in the foreground and everything will be all right. Remember you are a channel of the gospel and not the source.” -MLK


“On [my] first day as a nurse, I assumed cure, care, and healing to be synonymous. I have learned they are not the same. Healing is not cure. Cure is clean, quick, and done—often under anesthesia. . . . Healing, however, is often a lifelong process of recovery and growth in spite of, maybe because of, enduring physical, emotional, or spiritual assault. It requires time. . . .

. . . It requires all the energy of your entire being. You have to be there, fully awake, aware, and participating when it happens.

Healing is much more than “getting better” or “having our problems go away.” Healing is growth, development, and maturation. In a word, healing is change. It takes time and energy and struggle, but healing teaches us.

Healing can help us to become more sensitive and more awake to life. . . . Healing invites gifts of humility and faith. It opens our hearts to . . . truth, beauty, . . . and grace.” -E. Marshall & J. Sandburg 


The Lord magnifies the tiniest amount of effort. 


When you feel lonely. It is in your bounds and ability to change that. 


BYU: “private Christian university”


Honoring our priesthood leaders. .. no matter what

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/1993/04/honoring-the-priesthood?lang=eng

Ally Isom

Women add a sense of Healing, binding, and weaving together. 

Tell me more. What am I not asking that you wish I would?


I am a character education hero and Mike helped me unleash my inner swan! 🦢 

Leadership callings mean a lot of growth! Especially as I learn to better interact with adults. And especially in the area of conflict resolution. 

Learning to speak up and to positively share my thoughts. 

Becoming a character education hero and unleashing my inner SWAN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment