Thursday, February 29, 2024

February

Fast: personal purity and power; Mike; Marriage

The main thing, is to make the main thing, the main thing. Steve r covey 


You’re gonna have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable. Because this ain’t about you. -ordinary angels 


Valuing differences is one of the great secrets of life. Covey 


There is so much growth outside of the comfort zone. I can see the growth as I go back and compare myself to my Highland self. 


Best friends help each other become their best.”


There’s no way we could have done that by ourselves. He asks hard things of us. Things so hard that we cannot say it was not the Lord. 


“what He needs—maybe even more than missionaries with name tags—are lifelong disciples He can depend on.” -Strader


Peace. Knowledge. Direction. 

I’m grateful for the opportunity to mess up and keep going. -Jordon


“Non-entity” elderly, singles, on margins. With callings, location. 


“We don't go to Sabbath meetings to be entertained or even solely to be instructed. We go to worship the Lord. It is an individual responsibility, and regardless of what is said from the pulpit, if one wishes to worship the Lord in spirit and truth, he may do so by attending his meetings, partaking of the sacrament, and contemplating the beauties of the gospel If the service is a failure to you, you have failed. No one can worship for you. You must do your own waiting upon the Lord.” -Kimball


Gotchas

Sherry Arnold: if I had a girl your boys’ ages I would sign up for an arranged marriage. They were all so kind and asking how they could help. Daniel asked what time breakfast was so he could be up and help. I was especially impressed with how they played together and got along with each other. 


I just have to tell you how incredible your boys are! They were always asking how they could help and they are always so polite and kind. I know Daniel and Andrew the least and it was really fun getting to know them better. Especially your cute little Andrew. He is such a sweet boy, and Daniel was so kind to him.- Sabrina 


Thank you all for an incredible meeting tonight! Robin, you are inspiring and we are so grateful for your efforts to start this pack and keep it going until now. Rest well! We’ve got you covered. -Christina


“Awesome, Andrew on your great talk! You spoke so clearly, and with so much enthusiasm that you made it super clear and also entertaining. I’m so proud of you and I’m hoping you’re proud of yourself too.” -Ama 


M- drove up to snowbird and found James’s phone. 

R- Mom made homemade bread & caramel rolls. 

J- waking up early; driving. Responsible student & staying on top of grades. 

D- house chores, reads to Derek, happy & cheerful. 

A- led mom to the porcupine!

D- Loving basketball. Made 4 baskets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment