Sunday, February 12, 2017

James's Talk

When we choose the right, we are blessed

My talk is on the blessings of obedience. One of my favorite stories in The Book of Mormon is Nephi getting the Brass Plates

-       Lehi tells his sons to go back and get the plates.
-       They go back and try Laman’s idea to talk Laban into giving them the plates, but he refuses.
-       Next, they try Nephi’s idea to give Laban all of their gold for the plates.
-       Laban steals the gold and tries to kill them.
-       Laman and Lemuel are angry with Nephi and want to kill him.
-       An angel appears to them.
-       They listen to Heavenly Father and Nephi finds Laban passed out on the street.
-       Nephi is commanded to kill Laban, then to dress up in his clothes.
-       Nephi goes back, acting like Laban, and gets the plates.
-       The sons, along with Laban’s servant, return to Lehi with the plates.

I learn from this story that listening to Heavenly Father blesses us and that we should never give up. I’ve learned that when I choose the right, I am happier and I am blessed. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and wants to bless me.


-->
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment