Friday, December 31, 2021

December

Fast: That my self care will bless my family and mood and that I can put in work to raise my boys (especially cuddle night). 

Brain harmony Ask Laura for Carol not Christine. Someone who can give me more info. 


2-Worry less about my children and more about myself (Health and wellness).

3- “When they complain about it being hard, make it harder.” DaNae Hurd

4- it’s kind of nice to be in a ward where it’s not all about the youth. Our family makes sacrifices and accommodations for the elderly as well. 

5- The number one top memory I have for my last house was cuddling with each boy and kissing them good night. Magnify cuddle nights!

6- we enjoyed hosting a Christmas sing along at our house tonight. The best complement was from Steph Ard: “Your home just feels so good. It feels hood to be in it.”

7- BuNcO at my house was sooo- fun tonight! It’s not what you’re doing it’s who you’re with. 

8- I love the bitters. They are such a blessing and enrichment in our lives. They are heaven sent and the move is worth it singularly and alone just to meet them. Additionally, we don’t have to have a perfect ward to have a perfect move. We’re exactly where we’re supposed to be and I’m starting to feel settled in and comfortable here. 

12-I know you’re struggling. You don’t need to keep reminding me.” HF

13- we love tonight‘s orchestra concert. So lucky and grateful to live in a place where we celebrate the true meaning of Christmas and people know and love their Savior Jesus Christ. 

18- I think I scored the first real surprise out of Mike today. And it was so satisfying! James and I got tickets for the Nathan Pacheco concert along with the Lyceum Orchestra. He had no idea and when he walked in and realized what it was, the look on his face was priceless. I also booked a massage for him this week. It’s really fun spoiling him. 

19- we enjoyed our ward Christmas sacrament mtg. And the 35th ward’s. Favorite: Jenna Tew in the bagpipes. 

*speak positive about others. Always. Period. 

20-my ward is like my family growing up. I hated it for years, partially because it was so dysfunctional. I wished I’d been sent to a different one. Overtime, people have grown, matured, and changed. Additionally I have an inference on it. And I love it. 

21-this morning when we heard that James Gottfredson was sick and throwing up all night James came to me and said that we wanted to bring James G a roksberry because that’s what he likes when he’s sick. And so we did and it meant a lot to James G. I was so proud of James acting on a generous thought and grateful he could see the difference it made. Not many people start their callings by magnifying them. They have to grow into them and it’s been fun to observe James grow into his as deacon’s quorum President. 

22- we moved to a larger house so we can have a broader and increased sphere of influence. 

I don’t need to worry about not keeping/owning our last house so we can move back into it after alpine. We’ll want a different layout and God is preparing the perfect house for us for when that time comes. We are lucky we were able to upgrade and didn’t lose our house. We were blessed for not short selling it and God will provide. As we are generous with others, He’ll take care of us. 

24-had the ball family over for Christmas Eve dinner. People were comfortable, visited more than hid on phones, mixed & mingled, and enjoyed their time here. The move has t been easy, but we like expanding our sphere of influence.

25-a christ who expects nothing of us can make nothing of us. Brad wilcox

26-I visited with Marci from our last word and she mentioned that she can’t get in with the Thompson‘s and a couple of other families. I happen to have an in with the Thompson‘s decided to call Julie and visit with her for a while. I don’t have an “in” with a lot of people, but I can put more effort into the relationships where I do. 

26- God‘s standards for us raise as we get older and or gain more knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. For example, typing. We are “current“ I’m paying our tithing, but not on paying a generous ties. The last month we have been blowing through our money and it’s just been slipping through our fingers. Mistakes of happening, appliances are malfunctioning, and things aren’t quite working out. God expects more of us. I can always tell when we’re not getting a generous time because God is able to be generous with us. And there is a very noticeable and notable difference. He wants to last us, he’s capable of blessing us, but we have to do our part. 

27-driving home from mutual Dell tonight was one of the very worst snow storms I’ve ever driven in. I felt protected, appreciate so much the snow tires that Mike made sure to put on the van this year, and am so very grateful to have made it home safely. 

28-use Come Follow Me to help all of us to draw closer to Jesus. 

It has been my observation that those families that make service and sacrifice both a priority and an integral part of their lives, have children who become well-adjusted and contributing members of society. (Wilde, Wood, West, Woodruff, Mortensen.)

I don’t need my children to walk my same path. We all have personalized paths and life curriculum. But I do hope this for them:

  1. That they will KNOW their savior as their personal savior. 
  2. That they will know who they are and that HF loves them. 
  3. That they will be high yield, low maintenance members of society. Helping, lifting, and serving others. 

Families who succeed at those goals serve. They work hard and okay hard. They get out of themselves, inconvenience and sacrifice their lives ants and desires, and put the wants and needs of others above their own. 

So, mild amidst resistance, Daniel came with Mike and I to serve the Curtis family today. We also ran errands and enjoyed our time together. He really appreciated the individualized time and attention and mentioned how fun it was to us a couple of times. 

29- this new ward is pretty amazing and this is why: 1) they aren’t out to entertain the children and youth to church activity, 2) there are real needs and real service opportunities, 3) people like us here. We’re wanted, needed, and liked. 4) We aren’t riding rzrs along the covenant path and conversion to the Savior is more real. 

30- “I called them to the bishopric because of their egos.” They won’t be in their long, and their families will be blessed for generations because of it. 

*one of the first podcasts we’ve listened to as a family was “Follow Him,” a 3 part series with Brad wilcox, just last week. When lo and behold, who did we run into today at the BYU bowling alley? Brad. Typically I leave these people alone, but it was more than coincidence that all four of our boys were both with me and available to meet him, and so we did. And bless his heart, he said hi, shook all of their hands, and even asked Derek and Andrew what they got for Christmas. Running into him was a tender mercy and meant a lot to me personally that they could meet him. 

31-


Less than 1/4 of the book of Mormon talks about blessings from obedience. Most of his pages are dominated with war, bloodshed, and heartache. -200 questions from the BOM


You can’t influence people who you don’t have access to. 


Casting our agendas on other people doesn’t work. 

“I wouldn’t devote my whole life to a fairy tale.” Holland


Gotcha!

Mike: helped me all day during the cookie exchange. 

“Dad has so much fun energy. And then he snores like a bear all night.” -Daniel

Robin: “Thank you Robin for a yummy, fun night in your warm Christmas-y home!” -Celeste 

I try so hard as a daughter and sister-in-law. I’m not always the greatest at it, but I try so hard. When I have daughters of my own who value different things than me, I want to know that I gave my all in trying to love, strengthen, support, and care for my in laws even though it’s one of the hardest things asked of me. I’ve ho jardestit

James: ward choir. Shortly after I got hurt sledding, James walked straight up to me, gave me a hug and said: “I love you.” These boys are so tender and how I appreciate every effort they put o to caring for me. 

Daniel: set up chairs all by himself on the day of the Christmas program. Entertained his younger cousins at mutual Dell.  They love and look up to Daniel (and all our boys).

Andrew: at mutual Dell and when I got hit and knocked down by a sledding teenager, Andrew stayed by my side until I was better.  After I got hit and got up, he walked by my side all the way back to the cabin. He checked on me every step of the way. He checked on me as I lay down, and once I was laying down, he sat there on the ground by me keeping watch. He would’ve contentedly stayed there all afternoon if I asked him to. He adores me, protects me, and watches over me. He takes such gentle care of his Mamma di Ama and I couldn’t be more touched and appreciative of that gentle concern he has for me. 

Derek: played nicely with Tad. Was honest and slept in his own bed instead of sneaking down to the fort. 

All: went skiing happy, putting up and putting away chairs and tables for home events, 


ALL 4 boys worked so hard at selling wreaths for scouts and they did it! They also were so helpful and cooperative during family pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment