Grateful in any circumstance -Uchtdorf
Fast: prayer, temple, and scripture study central in my life and everything else can find a place. Bless the dynamics of our ward and with a couple more families that can add to its positivity, connection, and unity. Help to love my new home, neighbors, and ward.
“Live your best life and just let people’s lives ‘merge.’” -Scoresby
“I believe that his juridical concept of his dealings with his children could be expressed in this way: I believe that in his justice and mercy, he will give us the maximum reward for our acts, give us all that he can give, and in the reverse, I believe that he will impose upon us the minimum penalty which it is possible for him to impose.” -J. Reuben Clark, jr, ‘53
Doing things you’d rather not do… doing hard things and taking the leap of faith: Mission. Moving, driving schedule.
1-let your boys choose their own path.
2- if you “don’t care about money“ then why do you think about house prices so much?
3-
4-temple lunch date with Mike.
5- ask boys marriage questions when they’re dating seriously (equally yolked, love for savior)
6- stop comparing! House, sunsets, highland vs. alpine
7-I am praying for unity and love my ward and neighbors and leaders.
8- point the boys to their savior. Help them to develop a personal relationship with him. And to love him.
9-heavenly father is blessing me. He’s blessing me with skills I’ve never had in my life before. For example, he’s blessing me with hosting skills. I enjoy hosting, and I’m actually energized by it. It’s not tiring and nerve-racking like it used to be.
10- As I was heading out to go to the temple to do a session and backing up out of my driveway I had a clear picture of my temple bag. Which I had forgotten in the house. I was able to go back and get it and make it in time for my session. Had that been even a minute later, I wouldn’t have made it to the temple today because I have to have an appointment with Covid right now and was already cutting it short. I had a very enriching and soul nourishing experience at the temple, and I’m grateful I was able to go today. I made a deal with heavenly father that if I go to the temple once a week, no matter how my kids turn out, I won’t feel guilt about it. Of course, I want them to live full, rich, abundant, wonderful lives close to their Savior Jesus Christ, but that is not something I have control over. Of course I’m hoping that my regular temple attendance will bless their lives and help to give them a perspective that they need, but again that’s not something I have control over. I have control over my feelings and outcomes.
11- I was hit with worry again today after a very detailed dream. It was a clear contrast for me to compare how I have felt this past week of feeling lights, free, creative, and productive to the worry and stress I felt today.
Somewhere there’s a balance. How do I stay engaged and attentive without worrying? How do I intervene without overstepping? How do I perform my parental stewardship and duties while remaining light hearted and creative?
12- One of the little boys in the ward asked if he could come over and play sometime. So we had him over today. I didn’t really want to because he’s kind of an annoying kid, but the older three were at a camp out, and so we had him over. Afterwards, I feel like we were directly blessed. We went for a walk to the young side of the ward and Derek ended up getting to play with a lot of friends and kids in the ward.
13-
14- Feed Mike healthier. Encourage him to be his prime fitness level. It’s OK if he is skinnier than me. Both of our lives will be blessed with that Health.
15- PTSD vs. PTSG (post traumatic stress GROWTH) -Jake Trainor
16-Mike and I arrived in Orlando last night and went to both animal and magic kingdoms today. crocodiles kill lots of people. rhinos do too.
17- For the last week I have been fighting a cold and losing my voice. Miraculously, I’m feeling better and my voice stronger. It’s a marriage getaway miracle to have energy and a voice!
20- we were lucky enough to sit right next to a Baptist couple from Louisiana at dinner. We loved getting to know them.
21-my birthday on Coco Cay. Due to weather, The boat the week before wasn’t able to get on the island. Even though we had rain the day before, we were blessed with a perfect day on The island. We had sunshine, ocean time, lounging, and finding sea life.
22-had a fun morning at Epcot and were some of the only few fortunate enough to have an empty seat in our row on our flight home. Our boys surprised us with a birthday party when we got home! I am so loved and adored by the men and boys in my life. Even my dog loves me.
23-Mike and I had so much fun going to the Nathan Pacheco concert with the Fackrell’s.
25- we learned of another Pacheco/ Lyceum concert and got 5 seats to it!
27- if you want your kids to put forth effort in scripture and prayer, then you need to.
Why is the extended Ball family not trying to be around? Its because the parents are unhappy and don’t like each other.
28-we are each on our own journey home. I can do everything I can for my family. I’ll fight for them. But I can’t save them. We are all on her own personal and personalized journey back to our Heavenly Father and I don’t need to stress about where anyone else is along that path.
29-*missionaries call upon the power of heaven for their people, and as a mother so can I.
30- I enjoyed reading to our boys from the Book of Mormon this evening. There has been a lot of stress and contention among them and I’m turning to the power of the BOM to help us have more peace, harmony, patience, and love in our hearts and home.
Mindfulness vs. numbing through addictions. Teach and practice mindfulness, awareness, and addressing challenges head on. Are we grateful for the trials and the lessons we learn?
“We’re all sinners and we all need our Savior.” -Galloway
Sometimes when we are in a class or mtg and we get a thought to share, but the details aren’t all clear, it’s the spirit prompting us to study that scripture or topic better.
My conversation with Tanya Bears: “I figured out your secret. You have an inner peace and calm about you. Do you have to work on that?”
“I’m generally a happy person and I just don’t worry or stress much.”
“The expression of compassion for others is, in fact, the essence of the gospel of Jesus Christ and a marked evidence of our spiritual and emotional closeness to the Savior. Furthermore, it shows the level of influence He has on our way of life and demonstrates the magnitude of our spirits.” Soares
We were enough for him in Gesthemene and we are enough for him now.” Tyler Jones
Maxwell
Involve newcomers quickly in the Lord’s work. They have been called to his vineyard not just to admire but to perspire—not to “ooh” and “aah” but to “hoe and saw.” Let us make of them friends—not celebrities; colleagues—not competitors. Let us use their precious enthusiasm to beckon still others to come within.
November 3, 2021 Grandma Ball
I would like to share a story about myself when I was five years old and attending Kindergarten at John S. Park Elementary School in Las Vegas, Nevada. The class was outside on our wonderful patio and we were painting boxes to make a train. We had on our aprons and I was being so careful with my artistic skills. I ended getting some paint on my blond bangs and as I didn’t want my mother, and probably everyone else, to not see that I was messy, I went into the classroom and got the scissors and cut that part of my painted hair off. (Maybe that’s why I don’t like fake colors on hair, except descent hair dye)
This “hiding” process didn’t work very well and of course, everyone noticed the cut hair, except me. I got into trouble then for using scissors improperly!
Isn’t that how life goes – we think or know we have done something wrong and we either try to hide it by making a worse mistakes, or we just try to hide from it.
I read Vai Sikahema’s talk this morning and was reminded about God’s order and sequencing. As I reflected on the principles of the Gospel I was reminded of this story. I chose to make a choice that wasn’t being honest or truthful. I hadn’t learned yet or received baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost, but I tried to hide my mistake.
As I gain more experience in life, I realize the importance of doing things in order and in clinging to my Gospel Covenants and blessings.
Please as you read and contemplate truths this week, think about our families’ foundations in truth, honesty, hard work, and integrity.
Loving you all, Mom, Grandma, Sister, Wife
“If this is what it takes for our family to grow closer to the savior, I’ll do it.”
Focus on the outcome of the challenge rather than the difficulty of the challenge.
Real Identity While following behind the Galloway’s truck after the campout and thinking about the amazing leader and disciple of the Lord Rob is, the distinct and overwhelming thought came to me: “He’s no more special than you.”
Last week Sheri Dew encouraged us to go to God and ask Him to know if we are one of Gods noble and great ones. She then Said that the answer will astonish us and change our lives.
M- “mike seems like a super happy guy. Is he just always happy?” -Ashlynn
D- Derek was our favorite in the whole primary program. I loved his enthusiasm and how loud he sang. It helped everyone else sing more too. -Ashlynn
“Derek and Claire are my favorite part of this program. So so sweet.” -Ashley
November Honeymoon
11- Cooking/smoking meat for the Primary dinner, cleaning up leaves, helping boys with math and grades, planning trips,
10- Played “let’s talk about sex” for James on his maturation day for health class.
9- Helping so much with carpool and driving the boys places.
8-Flexibility in parenting— not spanking or yelling at the boys.
7- Personal relationship with each boy and involvement in their lives (swim, birds, reptiles, karate; things they’re interested in).
6- Carrying them to bed when they fall asleep in our bed.
5- Doing the dirty work (washing manure off of Koda, cleaning up the dead bunny, and burying Cosmo).
4- Finding us a new oven and tile in the laundry room. Installing light fixtures. Patience with the house and our projects, especially outdoors and with mine. Keeping a balance between home improvements and living and enjoying life.
3- Involvement in scouts and the deacons quorum.
2- I’m glad we both have made good friends in our new ward and area.
1- Thanks for being so patient and nice to me and the boys. For not judging me when I spend a full day in the kitchen making macarons. Thank you for giving us your best self, energy, time, focus, and efforts.
- Help me to keep our conversations nice, positive, and beneficial. Stop me when I start criticizing and judging. “Your name is safe in our home (and marriage).”
No comments:
Post a Comment