Wednesday, May 7, 2014
March
Give the very best of me to Mike and to The Lord. Then to the boys. It's not good for them to get priority.
March 6 almost 5 wks along and I'm beginning to have the metallic taste in my mouth and the "I'm hungry but nothing sounds good" stage.
How am I going to put my children in places where they will develop a personal rel with the lord? How will "we" prepare our children?
Keeping it real as a parent.
Process of warning is painting a clear and accurate picture of the consequences certain actions will lead.
Mar 9 1ne 20:10
Afflictions: pregnancy. It is so hard and unpleasant. Having babies is hard. Accept this for what it is, embrace the trial, and get over it.
It's hard but it's right. The Lord commands and we obey "cheerfully!"
View every challenge, call, task, chore as an errand if The Lord. Address and consecrate each one as such.
Life: I don't need to pace myself for a marathon. Give it your all! Love in the moment and give each moment 100%. Sprint to the finish line.
I have had 10 amazing and blissful years with Mike and 6 magical years as a mom. I cherish the time we've shared and I appreciate every additional day I have with them.
Integrity-- 100% honest at all times
Thriving in adversity:
Eternal perspective (these things are all temporary)
False doctrine: "if I'm righteous I will be blessed right now" --often it's the opposite
Andrew: feisty beast vs future leader
Covenants: what are we willing to bury to be a covenant person. What does it look like?
Connects us to the power of god
Money. Get over it. Not worth the sacrifice
We have to work to have the light of Christ shine brightly in our eyes
You can't have everything; focus on doing a few things really well. Focus on 2-3 goals and do them well--and don't get distracted. Identify strengths and passion and build a life around them (church. family. health)
"Enjoy it. It goes fast" could be said to anyone at any stage in their life
Missionary month: emphasizing being a missionary now, especially for those on the other side of the veil and on the other side of the computer screen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment