Sunday, August 27, 2017

Ed Week


Music: gotta throw your hands up. 

For over a decade I thought I'd have to wait until the resurrection before having 20/20 vision again, but through the miracles of modern medicine (LASIK), I now enjoy 20/15. 
Is it possible that my emotions can be regulated and my brain can be healed in THIS life? 

"Date" all my boys, not just Mike. Spend happy time on campus, etc. with my babies. Let them help rewrite some of the harder experiences and memories. 

I've always know Heavenly Father loved me. "I am like a star" was my favorite song at age 4. He carried me through my childhood, and He's always been my daddy. He has ALWAYS been there and He has carried me along. At least once a year I get one of those: "I am right here, and I'm holding you tight" experiences. He is near and I have never, ever questioned His absolute and unconditional love for me. 

Jaron taught me to value, prioritize, and to learn the language of the Spirit. I spoke on the spirit at stake conference my jr year in HS. The spirit has lead me along. I feel the spirit and I am continually guided and blessed with His presence. 

I've never really had a relationship with my Savior. I've appreciated and have been eternally grateful for and respectful of Him. I've been forgiven through His merciful gift. I've known that the only way I can live with our Father again is through His infinite atonement. But, it hit me while walking up the stairs at the MC. He saves me. He saves me in all my sins, weaknesses, failures. He saves me from my imperfections, my shortcomings, my vulnerabilities. He gives me power AS I become, which is a very different mindset then Him just giving me power TO become. This thinking dispels worry, doubt, fear, the need to control, perfectionist tendencies, concern that I'll ruin my kids, fear of the devastating affects of sin, addictions, etc. 

Robin is a stable, bright, cheerful, caring, uplifting, patient, understanding, flexible, light and friend to her family and to all those around her. She knows in whom she trusts, her faith is bright, her knowledge and understanding clear, and her spirit strong. She is a front line warrior for virtue, truth, and righteousness. She keeps her spirits high and her mind clear. She is a light on the hill. She has the spirit with her, loves her Savior with all of her heart,
she feels her Heavenly Father's love, and she radiates their love to others. 

You miss me? Because I miss you too. (When kids go off to camp, etc)


Sydnie: "I just want to share Andrew with everyone; he's so amazing."

Pillow
Sheet
Sandals
Robe 
Fancy pack
Purse
Shampoos, cosmetics, ear plugs, liners
Charger
Clothes, socks
Water bottle 
Journals, Catalog, pens, badge

Bread loaf, cheese rolls
Meat, Cheese, Lettuce
G2g
Bananas
Peaches
Avocado
Cereal
Almond milk
Bowl, spoon, knife
3 containers of meat, potatoes, beans
Plastic bags
Protein balls

Hymn book
Scriptures 
Small Tall


Pro: 7 hrs/wk; social; 
Con: baby, 1:1/quiet time; my time with him

"Mindful discipleship" (Tamara)
Aerial view. (Self, marriage, family)
All the lord expects us to do is to try. Hinckley 
As I (love, serve, communicate) more like Christ, the closer I become to my family. 
Religiosity: outward actions
Spiritual: inward conversation; leads to happiness. 
PJSST
Give of your "Substance:" love of God
Of all, most vital is the knowledge of God. 

Compare you're best self to your best while at best self AND be the best of your worst self when at your worst self, which is totally different from your best self. 

"Show up" principle

Charity is not just outward actions, it's the feelings in your heart. 

Understanding similarities can take more work than understanding differences. 
"We could have shared more JOYS together."

Do your duty with a heart full of song. 

Leave room for the miracle. 

Comfort scriptures: power, love, sound mind
Vs. obsessed with fear thoughts. 

His very purpose... is to mentor us, (motivate, ) exalt us, and lead us to His fulness -Uchtdorf

Patriarchal blessing: blessings (pointing out strengths and gifts) and warnings (explaining consequences). 

What if... vs worse case scenario thinking

No comments:

Post a Comment