"The quality of the summer will be directly affected by how I eat." Eat for energy not pleasure/ relaxation
"Rest in the Lord" and patience.
Matt 11:28-30
Angry=care
The purpose of the task is to STRENGTHEN relationship.
"Logicizing" communication without emotion. Communicate solutions only.
Anything that Christ touches is healed.
2 Peter 1:4-7
If your spouse is having a really hard time, come to the/their rescue.
"Help her to be able feel how much love I have for her." -Mike's prayer during our getaway
"Miracles do happen. Especially when we're praying on behalf of other people. Tender mercies that reign upon us every day. We're all imperfect and through the atonement we can return to Him." Villalobos
How many of us can say that we're their best friend?
Don't look on the outside when God looks on the inside.
Sometimes you have to just make a decision and commit to it.
I feel like I've waited all my life for this exact moment. To be married to the man of my dreams and a half for a beautiful, amazing, wonderful children... And I'm too depressed and tired to even enjoy it.
My recent anger stems from FOMO (fear of missing out) syndrome. Here are the things I'm missing out on:
- creating journal album books on blurb
- Being on top of my errands
- Serving in the temple once a week
- Lunch dates with friends
- Time to clean my house
- More time to cook in the kitchen
- Working outside of the home
- One on one time with my
- Staying out late, staying up and waiting for teenagers
- Carpooling and more time in the car
- Leadership callings
- Working out at 9 AM
- Joining the hiking group
- Time to sit and read my scriptures
- Attending institute classes
- Getting my Masters
- Substituting at Westfield
- Naps
- Traveling with Mike
- Doing a 30 day cleanse
- working out for more than an hour and it being OK that I'm tired from it
- Uninterrupted trains of thought
- Update food storage
- Organize basement bins
- Update upstairs
- Budget tracking
I don't know about you, but all of these seem pretty trivial compared to the amazing blessing it is to be a mom of young children. Cut the anger and bask in the gratitude.
NMP not my problem. Don't take responsibility for other people's problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment