While sitting next to James & listening to John/Grandpa share his testimony of family history work and the spirit of Elijah, I glanced at James & felt the words: "This is what's going to save him." It's the family heritage, connections, and help that will not only save our boys in the eternities, but also in this mortal experience.
"The people we surround ourselves with either raise or lower our standards. They either help us to become the-best-version-of-ourselves or encourage us to become lesser versions of ourselves. We become like our friends. No man becomes great on his own. No woman becomes great on her own. The people around them help to make them great.
We all need people in our lives who raise our standards, remind us of our essential purpose, and challenge us to become the-best-version-of-ourselves." -Matthew Kelly
Felt these words as I was thinking about how challenging 2 1/2 year old Derek has been this week: "The way they treat their brothers is a reflection on me." If I want my boys to treat each other nicer, than I need to treat each of them nicer.
Father, I don't know what to make of that. "You don't appreciate Mike."
I know yesterday was a hard day. I love you
"If you could see the trials and challenges of other families around you. It is most likely you would choose your own."
"Look forward with positive expectation."
-Pres Morgan on hope
Obedience is the lifeblood of faith. It is by obedience that we gather light into our souls. Uchdorf
Obedience doesn't save us, Christ does. Rather it enriches our lives and makes them more beautiful and complete, rich and full.
1-Capacity of love is hindered by caring too much about what other people think.
Blessing from Mike: Heavenly Father deeply loves and cares about you. You are doing His work. Bless you that you will feel His love. That you will be content and find peace on each of your many endeavors and responsibilities. That you will be able to manage them. That you will feel Heavenly Father's love for the people around you and that you will be content with them also. Key words: Heavenly Father's LOVE; CONTENT.
"There aren't many son-in-law's that are as good of a catch as Mike." Ama
Deuteronomy 4:29
Celebrate failures and our responses to failure.
Beck weathers
Failing forward
Failure is an event, not a person
We overestimate the trial and underestimate the lesson to be learned
One very small thing can make a big difference
Are we allowing our spirits to be broken or are we fighting it?
WAIT upon the Lord. Isaiah
Jacob 5:58-59 (allegory is about us as well. It hurts to have branches cut off of us).
No comments:
Post a Comment