As a Scouting volunteer, wife, and mother I will be forever grateful for the relationships, the good will, the growth, and the never-to-be-forgotten Scouting experiences that have been a blessing to us as a people, a blessing to me and my family, and a blessing to our nation. Scouting has shaped our young men and changed millions of lives. What a legacy!
Of course we will follow the prophet. Of course we will move forward with these inspired changes, but the manner in which we initiate this new era is up to us as a people. I invite all of us who call ourselves saints and proclaim Christ as our head to proceed respectfully, kindly, and even reverently, paying tribute to a partnership that has directly and indirectly positively affected each one of us during the past century—the Century of Honor that I will always hold dear.
Nettie Francis
No comments:
Post a Comment