Saturday, January 5, 2019

Invitations


Yesterday’s women’s Council meeting left a few of us a bit frustrated and dumbfounded. 

The topic: how have you received President Nelson‘s four invitations from October? Namely: 1) fast from social media, to read the book of Mormon before the end of the year, 3) temple three participate in relief society?

Avast number of the sisters we’re convinced that they were not able to finish up before the new year and had no intention of doing so. 

Another question we were given was: how are these invitations helping you?

Jumbled thoughts and all, I know I had a speak up. I mentioned how I feel overwhelmed with those who are black but that because it is mocha morning challenge, I felt in my heart, mind, and home were being prepared to start that in January. However, I don’t feel like I was able to eloquently communicate my thoughts and my feelings. So here they are. 

 When given present Nelson‘s invitations, I received them with open arms. I know I would do them, I knew I would re-blast for doing them, and I knew he had a greater purpose for us then I understood. I’m a strong believer that we follow the profit was an! Not a? And his challenge to is was no different. 

The thing that was overwhelming about conference for me, what is the announcements of the two hour church blog. And the new focus of teaching her children at home. I worked my tail off to teach my children at home. I take advantage of opportunities to do so. And I feel I do a decent job at it. The boys are receptive to my teaching styles and collectively we learn and grow. 

I’m not one for outsourcing learning, but I sure do love having other children and adults supplement the teaching that goes on at home. To now be homeschooling my children for Sunday school I felt both overwhelmed and inadequate. How was I to get for voice listen to me for another hour each week?

But as I read, study, and ponder upon the teachings of the book of Mormon, I am beginning to feel excited, empowered, and endowed with strength and wisdom beyond my own. 

The fact is, my can I can’t teach our kids another hour each week. But what’s the help, strength, and enabling power have our Savior, we can. And all will be edified. 

I caught something I didn’t catch during conference, but heard as I listened to it later. It came from elder bednar: there is both great responsibility and great opportunity and the home center and gospel learning curriculum. 

In studying the Book of Mormon, my heart is being prepared for January 1. I am beginning to feel more feelings of excitement over the upcoming opportunites than feeling overwhelment by the responsibilities. 




No comments:

Post a Comment