Saturday, January 5, 2019

Feasting


-“Do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor that which cannot satisfy… Feast upon that which perisheth not.” 2 Nephi 9:51

What distractions do I feast upon?
  • Time consuming and/or elaborate Pinterest meals and recipes. 
  • Snacking/ Time in the kitchen. 
  • Shopping/ stores. 
  • Stuff. Toys. 
  • Sleeping in or staying up too late. 
  • Inconsequential journaling (social media)/ too many photos. 
  • Planning & coordinating low-yield trips & outings. 

At this busy but productive time in my life, what should I be feasting on?
  • Rest. Make sure I take care of myself and get the rest I need. Even if that’s ten hours a night. 
  • High-yield exercise. Perhaps at a short-term loss but a high-term gain (yoga/ walking vs. CrossFit/HIIT). 
  • Regular scripture feasting. 
  • Weekly temple. 
  • Read to my boys every night. 
  • Audible books. 
  • Regular 1:1 with each boy. 
  • Weekly dates! 
  • Regularly connecting with friends. 
  • Building a friend base of 4-8 kids for boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment