Saturday, July 31, 2021

July

Fast: that I will have the strength and willpower to develop the habits that add to my positive energy. That I can build momentum and being healthy, energetic, youthful, and radiant. I will do my part by waking up at six every morning, eating 80% gluten-free/Paleo, training for an Olympic triathlon, and taking time out to build On my strengths and interests. 


Insist that you’re going to have fun or you don’t do it. And if it’s gonna be fun, why not start doing it right now?


“I want you to understand you are not a finished product. you are still in the process of being created.”

The greater our efforts, the greater our results


Andrew’s Talk:

This week I accidentally stabbed my hand with a knife while I was cutting a frozen ball of cookie dough at the Winger’s house. 

It bled a lot, it really hurt, and I had to get stitches. 

I really don’t like them, but I’m grateful that I 

didn’t get hurt worse. Sometimes heavenly father let bad things happen to us so that we can learn and grow. 

A few things that I learned are: that there’s a correct way to use knives, and that I need to be more careful with them. 


  • Instead of looking for a support group, BE the support group. 


Gods generosity of mercy in our lives. 


  • Watch the words that come out of my mouth. especially when they’re about my children. 



“A home with a loving and loyal husband and wife is the supreme setting in which children can be reared in love and righteousness and in which the spiritual and physical needs of children can be met.” -David A. Bednar ‘06


“Marriage can be more an exultant ecstasy than the human mind can conceive. This is within the reach of every couple, every person.” -Spencer W. Kimball ‘76


“If you want something to last forever, you treat it differently. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don’t expose it to the elements. You don’t make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by.” -F. Burton Howard ‘03


“Marriage, in its truest sense, is a partnership of equals, with neither exercising dominion over the other, but, rather, with each encouraging and assisting the other in whatever responsibilities and aspirations he or she might have.” -Gordon B. Hinckley ‘92


“Happiness in marriage and parenthood can exceed a thousand times any other happiness.” -James E. Faust ‘77


“Love is a fruit in season at all times and within the reach of every hand.” -Mother Teresa ‘87


“A man and a woman, united in marriage, have a transcendent power to create happiness for themselves, for their family, and for the people around them.” -Henry B. Eyring ‘87


“A happy marriage is not so much a matter of romance as it is an anxious concern for the comfort and well-being of one’s companion.”

—Gordon B. Hinckley 91


Marriage is sanctified when it is cherished and honored in holiness. That union is not merely between husband and wife; it embraces a partnership with God (see Matt. 19:6). -Nelson


Differences of opinion may occur between husband and wife. But one's objective in marriage is never to win an argument, but to build an eternal relationship of love. Nelson 


The beauty of our family is more than physical, it is spiritual. Nelson


Who was I born meant to be?

  • Sometimes we put ourselves on the margins of society. By appearance we aren’t, but our brains take us there. 
  • Alma 36 handing over the precious plates to Helaman and instructing him of their care. Kind of like Mike and I at the altar in the temple on our wedding day. Handing me over one of his sons for special care
  • Invest 30 minutes a day serving and connecting with friends. 

“Living in the blessing”

No comments:

Post a Comment