Blessing on first day:
Bless your body that it will be able to hold the baby and give it the nutrients and environment that it needs
Bless you during this challenging time that you will use your limited energy wisely. In taking care of baby and boys. Use this time to rest.
Lord is pleased with you and the sacrifices you make.
I am blessed you with all other blessings that you stand in need of and that your heavenly father sees fit to bless you with.
Lessons I'm Learning:
How to visit the sick. Don't be afraid to intrude, get your hands dirty, and do things you don't like to do.
Sweep, vacuum, dishes, countertops picking up clutter are never ending and always appreciated. Don't let your presence be more of a stress any help.
Child care, though difficult, is most appreciated. Mom isn't the only one having a hard time adjusting. Get on the floor and play with them. Take them outside. Chances are the kids have been inside watching TV all day and need energy release. Enlist the youth.
How to help others effectively serve you and feel like they were a big help/ were efficient with their time. Have a babysitting box for the youth. A vacuum, sponge, and broom accessible for the moms.
If you are running errands to a store, text them. Ask if they need you to pick anything up.
Think of the husbands. The children. Meals are a big help. Chicken and rice is a favorite so is lasagna. Include vegetables and rolls. Maybe a fun treat for the kids.
Bed rest is a good time to slow down. My kids actually really like that I am not constantly on the go, but am still. Less distractions. Much more uninterrupted time and energy to focus on boys. They like playing at my bedside and being near me. Stillness is a gift:
I (Elizabeth Foss) learned (while on bed rest) that children love it when Mommy is still, when they can find her and know that if they climb up next to her, she'll stay right there and hold them. If they're really big, the same holds true. They sit next to her, and if she doesn't move, pretty soon they start talking... a gift of stillness. There's so much to that. If we are truly comfortable in our own skin, we can be still. If we are cooperating with our friends and colleagues and not competing with them, we can be still.If we are open to our husbands and children, we can be still. And if we are prayerful and truly faithful and we know God is in control, we can be still. To be able to be still is a gift, a grace I don't ever want to waste.
Marriage: these (cleaning, tending children, playing with, satisfying him) actions are not at the core of being a good wife. At the core of being a good wife is a soul who knows the heart of her husband... The actions are instruments. Through those actions, I might reach his heart [and "win" his affection]. And I often do. But it's not about the actions; it's about the knowing. It's about the reaching for the heart of the man and truly, truly caring about what resides there.
Keep on top of the stress level and communication. This is a stressful time. Don't take frustrations out on boys or Husband. Communications Require more frequent and open/ raw expression of feelings and thought than in normal day to day living. Do not let frustrations build up.
Focus on all of the positives. Enjoy this time to read books from the stacks that I have wanted to. Enjoy cuddling with the boys and watching TV shows with them. Take this time to read lots of books to them. Enjoy the quiet time watching TV in our bedroom with Mike.
Rest and relax. It's amazing to me that I do not need naps when I slow down and take care of myself. Maybe parts of this change of pace need to stay with me even when not on bed rest.
Let things go. Let the house get messy. Stains come out of carpet. Scratches, dings and dents are okay and not noticeable. A professional can fix it all in just a couple of hours. Paying extra money for a professional cleaner is worth it!
Breathe. Breathing relaxes the body.
Pray. Especially for all those good people who are serving and taking care of me. Pray that they will be blessed four-fold for their service. Praise with faith, believing that heavenly father will answer the prayers.
Parenting is most effective when hands on, attentive, and undistracted. It takes energy and awareness.
When I'm down I have more time to talk with family and friends on the phone. I'm always here and available.
Books. Maybe I do have time to read. Maybe the flow of intelligence, learning and growth is worth it.
I have always made a conscious effort to let mike parent in his own way as I have tried not to micromanage. But this has allowed me to really hand over the reigns and let him do it his way.
Taking it easy and 'taking it easy' are two very different things. Physical exercise can be very beneficial and therapeutic. Stress, constantly being on my feet, and overworking myself needs to change. Especially when I'm pregnant. Be still. Breathe. Hire someone to help maintain the house.
What on earth do I do with my time all day?
When I slow down, I don't need a nap.
More: play with boys on the floor, color with them, read to them, read books, esp outside, breathe, playing with friends, having friends over.
Less: clean, eat and prepare food, errands, going places.
I need to sit more. When Mike is sitting so can I.
If I spend my healthy days serving others or allowing Mike to serve others, I do you not need to feel guilty about allowing others to serve me. I do not need to pay for these services, but rather can graciously and gratefully received them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment