Friday, January 9, 2015

Derek

My Dear, Sweet, Tender, Angelic, brand new baby Derek,

At first I am saddened to have this brand new baby that I won't be able to hold, nurse, cuddle, cheer for at varying milestones, teach to walk, and truly enjoy. But I have to say, I've always known that you are heaven's gift to me. It was so special to have you, my healthy and relatively east newborn during this last Christmas season and for my last Christmas. I have said many times, that both "Santa came early," and the only present I want under the Christmas tree is you. I have loved, enjoyed, and relished in you, my "last" baby during this life. You are beautiful, precious, and so close to heaven. My three nicknames are "DearBear/DareBear (like carebear), Heaven, and Angel. You are so close to heaven. The veil has not yet covered your eyes and you give me a glimpse of the peace, love, and comfort that fils the air in heaven. You are Heaven's little ambassador helping me to see that everything will be alright. And that if heaven is filled with the spirit that you carry with you and fill our home with, that I'll be okay and I will be comforted in this trial.

I feel like you are a little piece of heaven that just fell from the sky, giving us the opportunity to bask in the light and glory that you just came from. You are a blessing to me and to all of us.

I can't tell you how much it breaks my heart that I will not be given the blessing, privilege, and opportunity to raise you to a man in this life. But, I do find some comfort as I know that if you choose, you will be mine forever.

You a bright and glorious future in store! Follow the example and leadership of your dad and brothers, turn to the lord in prayer and in scripture study, choose the right, and life will be good for you.

I love you my sweet little piece of heaven, now and forever! Love, your mommy

If this is what Heaven is about, than I guess I can do it.
Derek, you just say heaven all over. Such a little angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment