I take comfort as I observe the inner strength, understanding, distractibility, forgiveness, and even forgetfulness of our boys.
For example, last week when we were in California, the boys asked if we were going to see Tanner and his family. All Mike and I had to do was say: "No, sadly we're not. We were really hoping to as well, but just like us, they have a new baby and they don't want her getting sick." The boys accepted that, never asked again, and moved on to fully enjoy our family vacation.
In fact. They seemed to have gotten over it more quickly and completely than both Mike and I.
This assures me that they will be ok. They will be very sad, and lonely, especially James-- my dear, sweet Jamesington who takes such good care of me. But they will accept the change and they will move on-- far quicker and more completely than my Dear, Eternal Sweetheart and best friend, Mike.
Thankfully, even with Mike, he will be extremely busy and preoccupied with his new job and business and does pretty well compartmentalizing. It's when the days are hard, he's alone with 4 unhappy boys in the house, and restless nights when he can neither sleep nor turn over and hear my breathing. That's gonna be hard. So, painfully hard. Perhaps even more for myself than for him. Knowing that my loss is the reason for his pain and heartbreak.
But. Even Mike, somehow, will move on and continue on in life with his head high, a smile of his face, and laughter in his heart. He has been promised that through his obedience life will be good to him. And I have to trust that Heavenly Father will keep his word, blessing Mike with a full, rich, happy life here on earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment