Tuesday, September 24, 2019

πŸ‘ΈπŸΌ Honesty

The year I decided I was going to say yes when asked are you honest with your fellow beings?

Aspen grove registered guests and paying visitors

Keeping our house instead of short selling it 

2/9/19 Mike and I showed up to our Aspen Grove Marriage Retreat and were welcomed with MOUNDS and piles of snow, some 2-3 times taller than Mike! They said our boys’ names all over them! THEN, when we checked into our room— we were surprised to see not just one room, but two! And the second one had bunkbeds in them! We have asked previously, and it is customary that Marriage Retreat guests can pay $40 to stay for an additional night, but only the couple, no kids. 
Well, it would have been so easy to pay the extra night for our family and bring our boys up to play in the snow and to sleep in this amazing room… but that would not have been honest and I know that as we are honest in our dealings with others, we are blessed in ways we otherwise wouldn’t be.


2/19/19 James has a 5th grade ski pass and gets to ski 3 times each at each hill in Utah. With this pass, we decided that skiing at Deer Valley would be doable. So, based on the discounted passes that Mike and I have, and James’s free pass, that’s where we took the family for President’s Day, only to find that this day was a blackout day for only 4 or the 13+ hills, Deer Valley being one of them. We had already paid for everyone else’s passes and James’s would be $116. Mike and I had discussed staying in a hotel the night before for not much more than that but decided against it because of the price. Now, we were expected to pay this. It would have been easy to buy a discounted tot pass, etc. But we chose to pay it and had an honest and fun-filled family day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment