Friday, January 27, 2017

August '16

Derek 7/17
Andrew 12/16


Here's how amazing Mike is: while reviewing recent purchases on Amazon, I noticed Mike bots $35 worth of buttons and zippers and have them directly shipped to my neighborhood boy working on his Eagle project. Those were the last supplies the boys needed and instead of Mike waiting for other people to help, he was proactive and bought everything for the boy. 
Yet, today when I told Mike to go pick up a sandwich from Myers for lunch, he said "those aren't an option anymore" and he changed the topic... Why? Because they don't have their half off, day old sandwiches anymore. 

When asked to do something his reply is: "I would love to. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and to become a better person!"

He such a great example of selfless service I'm getting out of himself. And that's why he's such a happy person. He just doesn't get stuck in his own self. 

What an amazing two days. I have been at education week with Lizzie. We've shared and enjoyed wonderful conversations, uplifting classes, and delicious food. 
What a tender little mercy that I ran into Judy Evans, while searching for a ride home to their hotel. And that I was reminded of the story of Andrew and cousin Laurie coming to him. 
How grateful I am for Ginny and for my mom for watching Derek while I could go to classes. 
And how especially grateful I am for Mike. For his acceptance, his love, and his enthusiasm for life. 

8/20 grateful for 1) a new understanding of the brain and how it loses blood when stressed. Wait for blood to return to brain before acting or speaking. 2)an entire week to myself to enjoy Ed week, Lizzie, alone time, and my baby Derek. 3)for tonight's date night just mike and me. 4) my ticks aren't as bad as I think and they only happen when I'm thinking of them. 
Patience: 1) noticed blood leave head when driving and in the stores. 2) I didn't get ahead when I fought it-- in fact I ended up in the slowest lines. 3) when I went with the flow, I ended up on a faster line and even got a free car wash out of it. 

8/22 I was so proud of my Navy Seal James today who held it together on his first day of school. To say I'm not ready for the new school year would be an understatement. We barely got him there on time and because they were is CA during back to school night, he didn't know who his teacher was, what her name was, where his classroom was, who was in his class, or where to line up. Eventually the principal saw him and was able to direct him in the right direction. He had another mishap after school meeting up with Daniel. And yet, he came home with a smile on his face along with a positive report of the day. That took courage, inner strength, and the know how to reach within himself for everything that he needed. Way to go my big 3rd grader! PM: while eating pistachios, and shortly after telling me he just can't get enough of them, Mike came back to the dinner table and shelled my pile; visiting with and tucking in, then later gazing at my sleeping boys; going in a walk with Mike and looking at the stars. 

9/24
Daniel went in for an appendectomy today. What a huge blessing that it didn't happen last week when they were in California, and want to tender little mercy that he was able to go to his first day of school. He has been so excited for school to start and as hard as it has been for him to miss the first week, at least he was able to go to the first day. 

And what an ironic timing that the only couple hours that I was not able to be home and he was in surgery was right smack dab in the middle of the pack meeting and our annual ice cream party. I think that was heavenly father's way of telling me that maybe I should be a little bit less quick to pass judgment on other people who put other things in front of their callings. There was no way on earth I was going to leave my baby in surgery all along, nor would I have the right to do so. As the baby gets callings are and it is blessed as we are when we make sacrifices, they are not why we're here and they are not are most important callings. 


While tucking in our sore Daniel and getting him his medication, Out of nowhere I hear a sound asleep Andrew say very loudly, clearly, and enthusiastically: "I see Batman!"

No comments:

Post a Comment