Friday, January 27, 2017

Chick

Today's tender and miraculous mercy: A chick, a vacuum, and a lesson on love. 

Andrew's favorite "toy" is my vacuum. Daniel's favorite thing is the runt of our 6 new chicks. He loves it. Holds it. Cuddles with it. And even has a special way of holding her on her back. 

Well, yesterday while holding his chick, Andrew got a little bit too close  and sucked her up with the vacuum hose. 

With one leg sticking out, I was able to gently pull her out. Barely alive, hardly breathing, paralyzed body, and blood drops coming out of an eye and her beak. 
Daniel and I said a prayer. I even prayed that the chick would be okay. 
I held her gently then Daniel held her for a while. 
Stable, but unsure if she would make it, I felt it was time to put her back in the box with the other chicks. As I was walking through the garage with this frail little bird in my hands, I felt a pure stream of heavenly father's love for this little chick. A love that extended to Daniel and then for me. A much deeper and more intense love that he feels for all of us.

I know my father lives. I know he loves us. I know he hears us and he answers when we pray. 

24 hours later... The chick is alive and perfect. I really feel like we witnessed God's healing and merciful hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment