Friday, January 27, 2017

Purity Plan

*Rearing Children in a Polluted Environment
First, do not be afraid to set clear moral standards and guidelines. Be sure to say no when it is needed. As Dr. John Rosemond counseled:
“[Give] your children regular, daily doses of Vitamin N. This vital nutrient consists simply of the most character-building two-letter word in the English language [No]. … Unfortunately, many, if not most, of today’s children suffer from Vitamin N deficiency. They’ve been overindulged by well-meaning parents who’ve given them far too much of what they want and far too little of what they truly need” (John K. Rosemond, John Rosemond’s Six-Point Plan for Raising Happy, Healthy Children,Kansas City, Mo.: Andrews & McMeel, 1989, p. 114).

Teaching the Doctrine of the Family by Julie B. Beck 
As I meet with young single adults around the world, I ask them, “Why does the First Presidency care so much about you and provide so many resources for you?” These are some of the answers I get: “We are future Church leaders.” “We need training so we can stay strong.” “Our testimonies are strengthened in our seminary and institute classes.” “We need to meet other great Latter-day Saint youth.” “We are the hope of the future.” I have rarely heard, “So I will someday be a better father or a better mother.” Their responses are generally about self, because this is the time of life they are in.

*Courageous Parenting
Larry R. Lawrence Pres Packer: “when morality is involved, we have both the right and the obligation to raise a warning voice.”

One of the most effective ways we can influence our sons and daughters is to counsel with them in private interviews. By listening closely, we can discover the desires of their hearts, help them set righteous goals, and also share with them the spiritual impressions that we have received about them. Counseling requires courage.

Try to imagine what the rising generation could become if these righteous patterns were practiced consistently in every home. Our young people could be like Helaman’s army: invincible (see Alma 57:25--26).

Good, Better, Best

Family Councils
family council held regularly will help us spot family problems early and nip them in the bud

Fatherhood—Our Eternal Destiny
I have asked many young men around the world, “Why are you here?”
So far, not one has responded, “To learn to be a father, that I might be prepared and qualified to receive all that Heavenly Father has.”

*Ward Council
   Fast: personal purity 
     Sabbath day and family councils

*Family Councils
family council held regularly will help us spot family problems early and nip them in the bud





No comments:

Post a Comment